From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-01 14:30:21

Rene Rivera wrote:

>In another painfully hunt to fix the problems with the seriazation lib
>issues in CW8... I tracked the problem down to another instance of:
>static_cast<const&>(x) where x is a template with template ctors. The
>problem was in iterator_facade, and not directly in the serialization
>lib which made it even harder to find :-(

>Anyway, I applied this change (figured since this is a known problem by
>now with an easy portable solution it would not be a problem)...

Hats off - I know this was hard to find. BTW it didn't show up on my test
machine which was running CW Pro 9 .

Also it looks like someone (B. Dawes? Or perhaps the tester) modified the
build so that we don't get a lot of link errors.

I believe I'm making progress in understanding an issue with broken function
template overloads which breaks non-intrusive serialization. We'll see.

Robert Ramey