From: Victor A. Wagner Jr. (vawjr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-01 17:23:11

At Sunday 2004-08-01 13:56, you wrote:
>On Sun, 01 Aug 2004 13:13:38 -0700, Victor A. Wagner Jr. wrote
> > I have NO idea what criteria build_monitor uses to killing processes,
> > but when I awoke this morning, it had managed to kill: the dnet
> > "run in the background" ORG process, Pirch (my IRC client), a proxy
> > that lets me get dcc's through my hardware firewall, Trillian (the
> > instant message program), SpyBot resident..... I think you get the picture.
> > this thing just walked through my system like a hoard of Vandals (or
> > was it Visigoths). whatever
> >
> > DO NO RUN THIS PROGRAM ON YOUR SYSTEM UNTIL IT'S FIXED
> >
> > my results will be delayed as a result of my stopping the -monitored
> > tests because I'll have to manually click through the modal dialogs
> > (may their creator roast in hell) so the tests will finish.
>
>Might I suggest removing the teststreams test from the date-time Jamfile that
>is stopping everything? From my perspective we've already established that
>there is some sort of bug in the vc8 beta causing that one...

I'll do that....when I find the relevant line
I still think the warning that it removes other programs is important for
others to know.
It wasn't that I _lost_ anything staggeringly important, and it only took a
re-boot for all my things to start running again, but it WAS irritating.

OK, I think I found it, we'll see how this run goes unmonitored