From: Joel de Guzman (joel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-01 20:23:23

Robert Ramey wrote:

> I use msvc + stlport 4.5.3 compiled with streams and it builds the
> serialization library on my machine w/o problems. The daily tests show what
> seems to be a similar configuration which fails to build with a compile
> error in spirit. Sooo one or more of the following is true
>
> a) something is different - its not clear what
> b) spirit 1.6 - needs some sort of tweak - I'm not sure this will ever
> happen.

It's happening now. Just inform me and I'll gladly tweak what needs
to be tweaked. Just holler and I'll be glad to be of service. It's
just so easy to miss and more compilers are being added all the
time.

Aleksey, if it's not too much too ask, would it make sense if Spirit
1.6 be added to the developer report? There is only a limited set of
compiler/configurartions that I can test and it would be a great help
if I can see the results on more compilers. Thoughts?

General question: until *when* will we have to support old compilers
such as borland, VC6/7 and g++2.95.3 ???

Regards,

--
Joel de Guzman
http://www.boost-consulting.com