From: Roland (roland.schwarz_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-04 04:00:05

On Wed, 04 Aug 2004 03:19:17 -0500 "Aaron W. LaFramboise" <aaronrabiddog51_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> In summary, duplicating tlssup.obj (which is trivial, especially because
> the Microsoft tlssup.obj has debugging information) and providing the
> bug fix for MSVC6 forms an alternate solution to the MSVC6 problem,
> opposed to Roland's runtime fixup.

Could you send me please a copy of your tlssup.c code? Unfortunately this piece of
code is missing from the CRT source that is beeing shipped with the compiler.
mailto: roland.schwarz_at_[hidden]

I agree on your description of the tls functions, with one minor remark.

It seems as if the linker is used to 'assemble' the .CRT$XLx segments.
Good. From your description it follows, that the linker always keeps
these segments as small as possible, i.e. it does not append any
zeroes in between the segments.

However this is not what I am observing. For me it appears as if each
segment has a minimum size, which is preset with zeroes. When now
pointers are filled in, of course there are zeroes between these segment.

Could it be, that you are using some linker switches that cause the segments
to be trimmed?

Roland