From: Rob Lievaart (Rob.Lievaart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-04 08:49:18

Hi All,

The workaround test of the range library is failing for gcc 3.2 and 3.3 and
for mingw with gcc 3.2.
This seams to be caused by an incorrect placement of some macro's in
mpl/if.hpp
However, I do not know the correct placement. I've tried a few locations,
but
they all result in other errors, so I do not know what the right place is.
mpl/if.hpp contains the follwoing code:

  ...snip...
#if !defined(BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION)
BOOST_MPL_AUX_AGLORITHM_NAMESPACE_BEGIN

    ...snip...
#else
// no partial class template specialization
        ...snip...
#endif // BOOST_NO_TEMPLATE_PARTIAL_SPECIALIZATION
BOOST_MPL_AUX_AGLORITHM_NAMESPACE_END
        ...snip...

The value of BOOST_MPL_AUX_AGLORITHM_NAMESPACE_XXX depends on wheter we
are using gcc ( >=3) or not.

So the _BEGIN is set inside the #if and the and the _END outside.
I tried putting the begin before the #if but that din't work, and the
_END inside before the #else but that didn't work either. Looking
at the other mpl files it seems things are not as simple as that :-(,
but I have no idea how the mpl works, so I do not know what the correct
solution is.

Rob Lievaart.