From: Robert Ramey (ramey_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-04 10:03:14

Rene Rivera wrote:

>A quick summary of what your recent changes did for CW8, in case the
>metacomm tests don't soon:

>* test_delete_pointer pass.
>* test_demo_auto_ptr pass.
>* test_deque pass.
>* test_diamond pass.
>* test_map pass.
>* test_non_default_ctor pass.
>* test_non_intrusive pass.
>* test_optional pass.
>* test_private_ctor pass.
>* test_split pass.
>* test_vector pass.

>I only tested the previous failures. And for some the metacomm tests
>show a failure for things were previously fixed. Also it looks like some
>of the failures are now different, meaning you fixed something only to
>have it fail on something else.

Oh yeah - sometimes you get more than one issue per test - sort of a free
bonus.

Several compilers/platforms/combinations have problems with wide character
i/o. These are CW, Comeau, Darwin/GCC. I'm looking at this - I believe it
may be an error in the utf8 codecvt facet. (interestingly, this doesn't
occur with the column marked "CW" hmmmm)

I have a problem with my own cwpro9 installation in that for some programs I
get multiply defined symbols at link time. The resulting exectutable goes
kind of haywire. The column marked "CW" doesn't show this problem and I
hopeful that it will pass almost 100% on the next round of tests. I suspect
there is issue with build/jamfile for cwpro8/9.

Test_list has an issue with slist.hpp and iterators of all things. This
effects all CW versions. Its possible its an slist issue on all platforms
for all I know.

As far as CW is concerned - I'm smelling blood and feel that I'm closing in
on final victory. Anyone who wants to take a look at any of the above
issues is free to do so.

Robert Ramey