From: Michael Glassford (glassfordm_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-05 13:35:02

Based on recent work and discussions here, I've checked in changes
that implement tss cleanup in statically linked Boost.Thread on Win32
(for VC++ only, so far).

I've also used the opportunity to rewrite the rest of the Win32 tss
cleanup code and update it to use the Boost copyright. In the process,
I eliminated threadmon.cpp, threadmon.hpp, and pe_tls.cpp. They've
been replaced by tss_hooks.cpp, tss_hooks.hpp, tss_pe.cpp, and
tss_dll.cpp.

As suggested by Roland in his posted sample code, the default for VC++
linking of Boost.Threads is now static linking. I also changed all
non-Win32 platforms to use static linking by default.

I realize this is very late in the regression testing process to make
these changes, but it seemed too good an opportunity to miss. If you
disagree, please let me know. If the changes cause problems or it
turns out to be a wrong decision in people's opinions here, I'll back
the changes out quickly until after the release.

In any case, many, many thanks to Aaron and Roland for working out
this solution and making static linking possible on Win32.

Mike