From: JOAQUIN LOPEZ MU?Z (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-07 11:19:17

Hi all,

I have only limited access to the list these days, so my
apologies if there's been some progress in this area that I
missed to read about.

Are we ready to schedule a final deadline for branching?
>From what Alexsey stated last week, I understand we are now
in a position to inspect results for all the relevant
platforms, and the turnaround cycle is kept under a healthy
24 hours. The issues reports show regressions (red cells)
for only five libraries, and the number of yellow cells
is, IMHO, resonable, given the many exotic compilers that
have been recently introduced in the regression tests.

OTOH, the release date has slipped over three weeks now,
and I guess we cannot just go on forever fixing things, as
it is not realistic to expect that every issue be resolved
in a reasonable amount of time. Maybe having some fixed
schedule for branching will help concentrate on those problems
that are really important. Just my 2 cents.

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo