From: Carl Daniel (cpdaniel_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-10 09:15:36

Robert Ramey wrote:
> The test results for the serialization library show a problem with VC
> 8.0 which for the life of me I can't understand.

A slightly aside question: What version of VC8 is being used for these
tests?

I have reason to believe that it's the beta-1 release, in which case it's
actually about 2 months older than the latest available release. The VC++
team have stated that they're very close to working out the details of
releasing newer compiler drops before beta 2, which is still some months
away.

Bottom line - it's entirely possible that the problem you're seeing is a bug
that's already been fixed. (One such bug was found by the Spirit folks
already).

-cd