From: Joaquin M Lopez Munoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-11 07:04:42

Robert Ramey <ramey <at> rrsd.com> writes:

> The test results for the serialization library show a problem with VC 8.0
> which for the life of me I can't understand.
>
> http://www.meta-comm.com/engineering/boost-regression/developer/output/Rudbe
> kAssociates-bin-boost-libs-serialization-test-test_array_binary_archive-test
> -vc8-0-debug.html
>
> The corresponding code is below. If someone has any insight here I would
> love to here it. FWIW - no other compiler complains. - and I can't see
> anything wrong with it. If it's a bug - how do I work around it?

Hi Robert,

The problem seems to be related with the one I
ran into with my lib, as described in

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg68369.php

Looks like VC 8.0 does not handle member *qualified* template
friends.
The solution I applied is to simply extend the
defect macro BOOST_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS to VC 8.0
(by using a local version of the macro, namely
BOOST_MULTI_INDEX_NO_MEMBER_TEMPLATE_FRIENDS), until
this issue is officially resolved in Boost.Config.
Looking at your code, I'd say you can do exactly
the same to get rid of the problem.

HTH

Joaquín M López Muñoz
Telefónica, Investigación y Desarrollo