From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-13 07:17:42

John Maddock wrote:

>>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file
>>'libboost_date_time-iw-mt-gd-1_32.lib'
>>

>>Has anybody an idea where to search?
>

> OK, here's the problem: originally we had one Intel toolset: "intel-win32"
> which created the library suffix "iw" (note no version number!), and this is
> what the auto-link header currently searches for.
>
> However people have started adding versioned Intel toolsets, which means
> that we now produce an ad-hoc mixture of library names, some with
> compiler-version suffixes and some without, the autolink code could handle
> either form, but as it's not psychic it can't handle both :-(
>
> So, one fix is to define BOOST_ALL_NO_LIB to disable auto-linking for
> versioned Intel toolsets. But we really aught to come up with a better
> solution (if there is one).

:-)

Well the only immediate way I can think of handling this is to add a
define in the versioned toolsets that the auto-link can use as a flag to
include, or not, a version with the toolset.

For example in the intel-win32-8.0-tools.jam we could add:

flags intel-win32-8.0 CFLAGS : -DBOOST_VERSIONED_TOOLSET=1 ;

** of course picking a good name would be nice ;-)

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything