From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-18 07:38:57

Arturo_Cuebas_at_[hidden] writes:

> The program below contains a compile error. Following the program you
> will find the typical fix then my idea for a library that facilitates
> a syntactically prettier fix.

Maybe a good idea, but IMO the name resolve_cast is terrible. It
could mean almost anything. This is something like
member_function_cast_leaving_target_type_the_same. Maybe if you
change the interface to accomodate regular functions you could call it
select_overload.

I don't buy the ideas that involve using function types as in

  select_overload<int(int)>

because it requires specifying the return type, which is irrelevant.

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting