From: Paul A Bristow (pbristow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-19 13:24:49

Well it is convenient to use Nero to drag files to a CD
(provided they don't fill the CD - which means you have quite a lot of
code).

I have already actually fallen foul of the length restriction
(several documentation files are the worst culprits)
and you have to delete these files before you can copy the rest.
A nuisance.

I can imagine that portable 'embedded' systems may enforce length limits
too.

And you may not be able to email zips.

I feel we are creating unnecessary problems for a few users by using
'unlimited' filename lengths.

Paul

Paul A Bristow
+44 1539 561830 +44 7714 330204