From: Toon Knapen (toon.knapen_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-20 05:18:49

troy d. straszheim wrote:

> Real quick:
>
> numeric/ublas/lu.hpp will not compile on its own, it requires at least
> operation.hpp for the symbol axpy_prod<>. In the absence of examples,
> one of my users included matrix.hpp , vector.hpp, and lu.hpp intending
> to do some lu-decompositions, and was stymied when the headers wouldn't
> compile. As lu.hpp is not included from anywhere else, it appears that
> it is *not* a header that is designed not to be used directly... I
> asked on #boost, can't come up with an explanation, therefore submit as
> bug^-2

real quick too than: we're going to deal with it. All headers should be
self-contained but OTOH we want to reduce dependencies (to minimise
compilation time). Currently not all headers are self-contained and we
are going to resolve that situation but we *need to take our time* ;-)
to do it properly.