From: Beman Dawes (bdawes_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-23 07:13:39

At 09:13 PM 8/22/2004, David Abrahams wrote:
>Beman Dawes <bdawes_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
>> At 05:15 PM 8/22/2004, David Abrahams wrote:
>> > dave_at_penguin ~
>> > $ ls c:\\boost\\index.htm
>> > c:\boost\index.htm
>>
>> The double backslashes are not valid at those locations in a Windows
>> native path.
>
>Those are single backslashes once the bash shell gets done with them
>and they become arguments to "ls".

OK, so that case will work too.

But I was wrong about the current code always working. It will work if
BOOST_WINDOWS is defined, but not for BOOST_POSIX.

To make that a bit clearer, the current path implementation has code like:

   #if defined(BOOST_WINDOWS)
     // accept native Windows format paths
   #endif

The #if needs to be changed to:

   #if defined(BOOST_WINDOWS) || defined(__CYGWIN__)

Thanks,

--Beman