From: Ferdinand Prantl (ferdipr_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-23 10:36:47

Hi,

I would prefer to use the standard types like std::string and char * as
well.

However, I do not like much the idea about a fixed encoding, UTF-8 or
something else. It is possible to use any encoding in std::string and even
in std::wstring.

What do you think about imbuing and codecvt-like approach in
boost::filesystem for the names of the files? It has a standard interface
for the content of streams, it could serve also the filenames. Not all
platforms support UTF-8 filenames, sometinmes could it serve as name
mangling support.

Ferda