From: Darren Cook (darren_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-24 02:23:39

> Download:
> http://boost-sandbox.sourceforge.net/more_io_4.zip

Are the docs available online anywhere?

> * added generalizations to the new-line and skip-line manipulators

I won't get time to look at, let alone review, this and the other upcoming
IO libraries, but I wondered if any of them (or perhaps even std
components??) allow me to easily solve this problem:

I'm using John Torjo's smart assert library (I hope he'll finish it off and
submit to boost) which allow me to show object values when an assert
happens, e.g.:
   SMART_ASSERT( this==that )(brd)(this)(that);

'brd' is an object representing a game board and it outputs the values in a
2d array. The operator<< does not output a leading carriage-return, but
smart assert outputs something like this:

   brd = ' 1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 a b c
d e f g h i
';

So, what I want is something to say insert a carriage-return before calling
operator<<, e.g.
   SMART_ASSERT( this==that )(prefix_cr(brd))(this)(that);

Or:
   SMART_ASSERT( this==that )("\n"<<brd)(this)(that);

Darren