From: Markus Schöpflin (markus.schoepflin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-24 08:58:09

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

> For the record: the tests are still broken. I just had to kill -INT the
> "process_jam_log" process after 75 minutes of CPU time. Before that I already
> killed -INT two mutex-related tests.

I believe process_jam_log would eventually have finished, I you would have
been patient enough. (Maybe next year or so... :-) )

I checked in a performance patch for process_jam_log yesterday, do you know
if your version already has that patch included? AFAICT, the patch is not
enough to let process_jam_log complete in a reasonable amount of time on
that platform for a full regression run, but I got a fives times speed-up
when processing smaller parts of the regression log file.

The workaround I'm currently using is to use a binary built by g++-3.4.1,
this at least enables me to run the regression tests for that platform.

Apart from that, the regression runs for test_read_write_mutex don't hang
on my platform currently, they abort with an error. (see
http://tinyurl.com/4j7dd )

Markus