From: Goran Mitrovic (gmit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-24 14:07:54

Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> "Goran Mitrovic" <gmit <at> inet.hr> wrote
> > Is a compile-time variables concept known? It would be a set of macros
> that
> > would allow assigning and changing a number assigned to a variable's name.
> Such
> > variable would be considered as a constant from template argument's
> perspective,
> > for example.
> Is it possible that you mean something like implemented by
> BOOST_PP_ASSIGN_SLOT?

No; AFAIK, you cannot update BOOST_PP_ASSIGN_SLOT from another macro (because
it requires an #include directive), while __LINE__ gives you a possibility of
a non-unique ID.

I think I've came to a solution, but, still have to prove to myself it's good
since it was done in only about 4 hours, including coming up to an idea, I
cannot believe, being so simple, noone else figured it out yet (therefore I've
asked that, because I have no interest in publishing something that exists any
more :) ) and, finally, in more than 4 hours I was unable to merge it in your
complicate typeof implementation (compilation gets very, very slow (cl.exe
took more than 0.5Gb of RAM until I've removed spirit registration, for
example))... :)