From: John Torjo (john.lists_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-25 04:50:56

>I'm not Boost.Signal expert, but I think that is possible. You
>need to group your slots so that you can impose an order. Thus,
>the enabler would be in the group that sorts first. Then, your
>signal should be defined with a Combiner that won't call further
>signals if any returns false. That means that your enabler will
>always be called first and, if it returns true, the rest of the
>slots will be invoked.

Fine with me. However, what I want is to halt processing from any event
handler. So, if I have 10 event handlers for an event, and handler 5
says stop, I won't call the rest.

While that may or may not be possible with a boost::signal, I would
prefer a simple (ordered) array of functions to call.

Best,
John

--
John Torjo