From: Richard Hadsell (hadsell_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-25 12:27:29

Markus Schöpflin wrote:

> The problem is, currently there are numerous regression test failures
> due to the use of the old name mangling scheme, which go away when
> ansi name mangling is selected. Therefore I thought it would be a
> better alternative to use the more working alternative and document
> that the old name mangling scheme gives troubles when used with boost.

Having read the man page, as suggested by Ian McC, it's clear that
'-model ansi' is the standard way to go. Since our tru64cxx65 days are
numbered here, I will probably stick with Boost 1.31.0 for the duration.

However, I would suggest a strong admonition (recommendation) in the
docs about the desirability of using '-model ansi', justifying its use
as the default, and an easy way for the user to configure Boost
libraries with '-model arm'. (There may be applications that access
shared libraries that cannot be recompiled.)

--
Dick Hadsell			914-259-6320  Fax: 914-259-6499
Reply-to:			hadsell_at_[hidden]