From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-27 21:09:35

On 8/21/04 6:19 PM, "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> wrote:

> "tom brinkman" <reportbase_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
>> The review of Daryle Walker's "More IO" library begins
>> today, August 21, 2004.
>
> I'll submit a review later. Right now I'm just trying to compile some
> examples. I've found that I can't get basic_array_stream to compile
> unless I explicitly specify the traits template argument, although
> it's documented to have the obvious default. The following produces an
> error 'basic_array_stream: too few template arguments' (VC7.1 and
> como).
>
> #include <boost/io/array_stream.hpp>
>
> int main()
> {
> boost::io::basic_array_stream<1000, char> io;
> }

Have you figured this out? Are you sure that you're getting the new
"io_fwd.hpp" that I supply with the rest of the new files? The new version
of the header forward declares the array-streams, and supplies a critical
default for the third template argument. (There's a version of "io_fwd.hpp"
already in Boost that doesn't have the new stuff. So make sure the new
version is found first.)

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie