From: Goran Mitrovic (gmit_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-29 17:11:33

Arkadiy Vertleyb <vertleyb <at> hotmail.com> writes:
> Actually I agree that comming up with a solution that would require only as
> many foo<pos>() instantiations as needed (maybe it's already time to change
> this function's name) would be very attractive, since it would remove that
> constant time that can become quite noticable for simple types.
> Unfortunaly, for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, I don't
> believe that it can be achieved without generating templates on the call
> site...

Sorry to intrude, but, would it be possible for you to:
 - explain a bit algorithm on which your typeof works since the implementation
is too messy to basics be stripped out
 - explain why is your algorithm so slow - on my Athlon 2200 and VS7.1, it
takes about a second per typeof too be processed, which is, in my opinion,
quite unacceptable. What is the speed bottleneck and is there a way to strip
some features (function pointers, for example) to fasten compilation?

Thanks.