From: Daryle Walker (darylew_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-29 21:18:51

On 8/28/04 12:24 PM, "Robert Ramey" <ramey_at_[hidden]> wrote:

[Big SNIP]
> Array Based Streams
> ===================
> Its not clear to me how this is functionally different from strstream
[Big TRUNCATE]

The std::strstream is overloaded with stream semantics, but I don't think
array-based streams is one of them. The standard class (inappropriately)
can act like std::stringstream, like my pointer-based stream, like my
pointer-to-const based stream, or something that switches between those
modes. The array-based stream would be similar to the pointer-based stream,
except that the memory buffer is internal to the stream object.

--
Daryle Walker
Mac, Internet, and Video Game Junkie