From: David Abrahams (dave_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-08-31 09:05:53

Vladimir Prus <ghost_at_[hidden]> writes:

>> Anything we have in the boost tree whose license
>> doesn't make it "free for any use" is going to be a barrier to
>> adoption.
>
> I'm still curious. You say "barrier to adoption". How many users really think
> it's a barrier? Do they really that picky when it comes to files which are
> not parts of any library, and so are not linked with?

Lawyers have to do the analysis; they don't know the difference
between different bits of code, and don't always trust the company's
engineers. Their job is to protect the company from liability. How
do _they_ know you're not going to link with an example and try to
ship it?

--
Dave Abrahams
Boost Consulting