From: John Maddock (john_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-01 05:19:49

> Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
>> The following patch is another attempt to get long long support working,
>> in a manner acceptable with Boost, even when -std=c++98 and -pedantic
>> are specified. In particular, GCC supports long long in all modes, but
>> __extension__ is required to quiet errors and warnings.
>
> I think all disccused issues were resolved. What is the status on this?

I'll try and commit some patches this week, if no-one objects I'll use:

namespace boost{

__extension__ typedef long long long_long_type;
__extension__ typedef unsigned long long ulong_long_type;

}

Inside the config system (since all the headers include that anyway).

The replace [unsigned] long long with the fully qualified names
(::boost::long_long_type etc).

John.