From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-01 11:11:54

"Neal D. Becker" <ndbecker2_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> "Files must exist before being opened, and are never truncated; attempting
> to write past the end of a file results in an error. "
>
> This is quite restrictive, compared to the capabilities of posix mmap. Are
> these restrictions really necessary?

I'm not an expert on memory mapped files. I basically redesigned the public
interface but used Craig Henderson's implementation. I'd be happy to remove any
or all of these restrictions, as long as it can be done for Windows and Posix.

Could you be more specific about the missing functionality? I'll try to add it
if it can be done portably.

Jonathan