From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-01 22:04:34

> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > "David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> wrote in message

> > or
> >>
> >> The link is incorporated. What more do you want to see?
> >
> > Ideally, I'd like to see the contents of Appendix A reproduced, mutatis
> > mutandis, as the Introduction to the Preprocessor Library.
>
> Why?

So the documentation is self-contained.

> > For example, I think it would be a bit odd if the introduction to
Boost.Regex

> > http://www.boost.org/libs/regex/doc/introduction.html
> >
> > just consisted of a link to an external article about regular expressions.

> ?? It's not analogous at all. The article isn't just about PP
> metaprogramming in general.

Fair enough. Let's say the it were a link to an article about Boost.Regex in
CUJ. I would find it odd that the documentation was not better integrated.

Getting back to PP, look at Topics --> Techniques. This section has some useful
stuff, but really it should cover the topics in your appendix. Including both
articles, with similar stated purposes, makes the documentation lack cohesion.

Don't get me wrong -- it's far better with the link than without.

I didn't mean to hit a raw nerve.

> It's a focused intro to the PP lib.
> Just what you'd want as an intro, no?

Yes.