From: Rene Rivera (grafik.list_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-02 22:29:31

Dave Harris wrote:
> sseefeld_at_[hidden] (Stefan Seefeld) wrote (abridged):
>
>>Out of curiosity: why would anybody not use RTTI ? Why shouldn't
>>compilers without RTTI just considered broken ?

> In particular, VC++ ships with MFC, which has its own hand-rolled
> solution. If you use that, you may not want the overhead of RTTI.

And speaking of VC, another reason, which is the one I turn it off for,
is that RTTI is implemented differently by each compiler/runtime (VC vs.
CW for me). So if you are trying to write compiler interoperable code
turning it off lets you ensure that you don't use that incompatible feature.

--
-- Grafik - Don't Assume Anything