From: Eric Niebler (eric_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-03 11:52:38

Aleksey Gurtovoy wrote:
> Eric Niebler writes:
>
>>Oh. How do I make my code work with old versions of MPL and new? There
>>is no mpl/version.hpp or a macro I can test for conditional compilation
>>AFAICT. I'll have to avoid both mpl::apply_if and mpl::eval_if and roll
>>my own. :-(
>

> As Joaquín already replied, you can test BOOST_VERSION.

Thanks, Aleksey. Would there be any benefit to having a MPL-specific
version macro? The iterator adaptors library has
BOOST_ITERATOR_ADAPTORS_VERSION, for instance.

>>Is there a doc to help people migrating from the old to the new MPL? A
>>list of differences?
>

> Like I mentioned in my original announcement, yes, it was forthcoming.
> Posted now.

Very helpful, thank you. I hope this doc is part of the 1.32 release.
Also, the references to apply_if in the mpl documentation need to be
changed to eval_if.

--
Eric Niebler
Boost Consulting