From: Jonathan Turkanis (technews_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-04 10:07:55

> "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]> writes:
>
> > I liked BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_IS_SAME because I didn't have to use double
> > parantheses.
>
> But you were out of luck if one of the types contained commas.
>
> BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_IS_SAME(T, pair<int, long>) // error!
>
> and no amount of parenthesization could fix it.

True -- I guess that's when I switch to typedefs.

> > For the other uses now supported by BOOST_MPL_ASSERT, I
> > could just use BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT.
>
> You can always code your own ASSERT_IS_SAME.
>
> #define ASSERT_IS_SAME(x,y) BOOST_MPL_ASSERT((boost::is_same<x,y>))

I'm aware of that.

> There are too many other predicates that people want to assert to
> make is_same a special case in the library.

BOOST_MPL_ASSERT_IS_SAME was just a thin wrapper around BOOST_STATIC_ASSERT,
right?

Looking as boost/mpl/assert.hpp, I see what's going on now -- Sorry.

> > BTW, I remember that the reference documentation on boost consulting
> > (or somewhere) used to include documentation of some important
> > macros. Why not add this to the main docs?
>
> Aleksey's working on the brand new documentation; the intention is to
> document everything that the user can configure. If there are
> particular things you want to see documented, please be specific.

BOOST_MPL_AUX_LAMBDA_SUPPORT was the main one. It appear to be part of the docs,
but I don't see a link to it.

Jonathan