From: Joaquín Mª López Muñoz (joaquin_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-06 02:34:27

Visual Age 6.0 for AIX complains about the way list iterator is
defined

"/home/tk/boost_regression/boost/boost/mpl/list/aux_/iterator.hpp", line
30.47: 1540-0416 (S) "next" cannot be declared because its name has
already been used.

The offending line is

    typedef l_iter<typename next<Node>::type> next;

I guess it'd suffice with rewriting it as:

    typedef l_iter<typename boost::mpl::next<Node>::type> next;

This error (and similar ones in range_c, transform_view, joint_view,
pair_view,filter_view) seem to share the same pattern: the compiler
complains whenever it finds a structure like this:

struct foo
{
  ... name ...
  typedef ... name;
};

a possible workaround (though I cannot test it) is to rewrite this as:

struct foo
{
  ... boost::mpl::name ...
  typedef ... name;
};

I don't know if vacpp is meant to be supported by MPL. In case it is,
maybe
this can be of some help.

Best,

Joaquín M López Muñoz