From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-06 11:49:30

Hi all -

Our review wizard, Tom B. has suggested to me that we allow subsequent reviews
to begin even if a previous review has been extended. This means 2 or more
reviews will possibly be running in parallel. I don't believe we have a
written policy, but I'm quite certain we have never run reviews in parallel.
I also think it is a very bad idea. I believe reviews will suffer
because people that want to review all the libraries in progress and
participate in the discussion will not have enough time to do so. For most of
us boost is a part-time thing -- we only have so much time per week to
participate...

This leads me to the conclusion that the current review schedule needs to be
redone. 1st because IOStreams has been extended and 2nd because we agree that
the current schedule is too aggressive. See

http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg11034.php

I realize it is a major pain to rearrange the agreed dates, but I don't think
overlapping reviews is the answer.

Thoughts?

Jeff