From: Thorsten Ottosen (nesotto_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-09 14:56:29

Dear all,

Another small issue have surfaced regarding operator==(), operator!=() and
operator<() (the latter currently not there).

The current behavior is compare the two underlying iterators. I would suggest
to change this to compare the objects in the underlying range.
The motivation would be the follwoing:

1. comparing the iterators is seldom useful and can be done explicitlty or by
a new member function equal()
2. comparing the objects is the range is highly useful and allows for code
like

sub_range<string> sub = ...;
if( sub == "foo" )

3. operator<() cannot be defined for iterators in general and hence we
couldn't put iterator_range into a set/map;

Any comments?

An additional question would be if operator> operator>= etc really needs to be
defined? I would support just to have ==, !=, < to start with.

br

Thorsten