From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 12:55:04

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:32:30 +0000 (UTC), Martin wrote
> I get a compile error in boost/filesystem/operations.hpp when
> building an application that also uses the date_time library (using
> current CVS files).
>
> The problem is that date_time includes boost/operator.hpp which
> defines the template boost::equivalent. The name collides with
boost::filesystem::equivalent.

There isn't really a collision here -- they are in different namespaces. Or
are you doing a using namespace boost; using namespace boost::filesystem in
your code?

> Reordering the include files (filesystem before date_time) fixes the
> problem for me but since boost/operators.hpp is used in a lot of
> libraries it might not always be that easy.

I did it both ways with no problem, but then I didn't have any code
referencing the filesystem functions. You might need to post the error a bit
more detail (compiler, platform) for us to really get to the problem...

Jeff