From: Rob Stewart (stewart_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-10 22:08:29

> From: "Jonathan Turkanis" <technews_at_[hidden]>
> "Rob Stewart" <stewart_at_[hidden]> wrote in message
> >
> > How does the number of enumerators matter?
>
> With my method, when you stick an enumerator into the middle, you only have to
> adjust the definitions of the adjacent enumerators. With your method, it looks
> to me like you have to renumber all the enumerators which follow the insertion
> point.

I see your point. However, it is a simple matter to scan down
the sequence of values in my version to ensure that things are
sequential, whereas one must check left-right, left-right, down
your list to ensure each is tied to the correct one to produce
sequential values. Each has its virtues, so one's choice must
depend upon which set of virtues is deemed most valuable.