From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-12 06:09:43

> 1. Is there a need for this library? Should be a new effort
> like proposed or do we have to revive 'boost Sockets'
> and only build upon that without throwing things away?

In my opinion: yes. This opinion is based on the impressions
that I got from studying the existing code/ideas for a full
week and the ideas that I have myself about what is needed.
There is a gap here - a new library will be able to address
all my needs, the existing designs do not. One major short
coming of the existing ones is that they are not IOStreams
aware.