From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-12 06:20:11

> 3. User programs compiled for platform A, and linking with
> a shared versions of this library - do not need to be
> able to run on platform B (with same architecture)
> without recompilation.

I don't see any benefit in allowing any kind of binary
portability. Actually - I think that this is rather trivial
issue as I think that most of boost already enforces this.
It would restrict the design enormously and put unneccessary
strain on the efficiency of the implementation to maintain
an ABI interface for this library. Just added this topic
to make this clear once and for all ;).

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>