From: Jeff Garland (jeff_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-12 19:15:55

On Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:53:41 -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote

> Any thoughtful consideration and comments would be greatly appreciated.
> [UTF-8?] If there is some interest in these things for Boost, I’d like to
> prepare some proof-of-concept alterations for waitable parts of
> Boost. I also have designed a cross-platform demultiplexor class,
> but unfortunately it is not in a state that is immediately ready to
> be shared with Boost. However, if there was interest, I would consider
> polishing it up.

Aaron --

Obviously the time is ripe for this discussion. Carlo Wood is indicating an
interest in working this very issue. He is trying to start some discussion.
We are pondering taking some of the discussion off-list so we can get to some
solid footing before getting everyone involved. Anyway, have a look at
http://lists.boost.org/MailArchives/boost/msg70913.php.

and some of the subsequent email. Anyway I'd say the answer is there is a
clear interest. Some discussion and work has come before, but it isn't the
last word on this topic by any means...

http://www.crystalclearsoftware.com/cgi-bin/boost_wiki/wiki.pl?BoostSocket/Multiplexing

Jeff