From: Christopher Kohlhoff (chris_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-13 01:11:40

Hi Carlo,

--- Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Right now I am stuck - I need a demultiplexor library that works on
> at least windows and linux BADLY. I will have to make a start with
> this because there is not really anything else I can do (except when
> say, I'd quit working on my current project and continue with my
> ECC project that has been put in the freezer a while ago).

May I suggest that you check out asio, a library I have developed for
network programming using a "modern" C++ style.

I have been thinking about similar ideas to the ones you raised in this
thread for quite a while now, and as I had a similar need to you, I
developed asio. I believe it addresses the issues you raise, or at
least provides a basis for doing so. The asio library currently
supports both windows and linux, is free for any use, and is also going
into production in a commercial system in about a month.

You can get asio from:

  http://tenermerx.com/programming/cpp/asio/asio-0.1.12.tar.gz

I have also put the generated documentation online at:

  http://tenermerx.com/programming/cpp/asio/asio-0.1.12/doc/html/

Feel free to ask if you have any questions. There's too much to say
about all the different stuff in asio to fit in this email :)

Regards,
Chris