From: Jonathan Wakely (cow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-13 11:39:22

On Sun, Sep 12, 2004 at 04:27:08PM +0200, troy d.straszheim wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2004, at 2:55 PM, David Abrahams wrote:
> >"troy d.straszheim" <troy_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >>1. BOOST_HAS_HASH is not defined for this stdlib, needs to be turned
> >> on.
> >>2. The <hash_map> header itself is not accessible as <hash_map>, it's
> >> <ext/hash_map>, and
> >>3. The BOOST_STD_EXTENSION_NAMESPACE in this case is "__gnu_cxx".
> >>
> >>I have a patched stdlibcpp3.hpp and serialization/hash_map.hpp if
> >>somebody wants 'em...
> >
> >Yes, please post them as attachments, and put [Config] in your
> >subject line.
>
> Here they are. I figure there is a "best practice" I'm missing (that
> #ifdef __GLIBCPP__ looks out of place to me in hash_map) if so clue me
> in for future reference. Also that <ext/hash_map> might very well
> apply for __GLIBCXX__ as well, dunno, I made the minimum change to fix
> my platform...

Yes the same changes apply to __GLIBCXX__ (i.e. GCC 3.4 onwards)

Also, with GCC 3.0 the hash_map extension was in namespace std,
not in ::__gnu_cxx.

c.f. http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/libstdc++/faq/index.html#5_4

jon

--
Emacs is a nice OS - but it lacks a good text editor.
That's why I am using Vim.