From: Phil Richards (news_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-13 13:02:54

On 2004-09-13, Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> One thing that we really have to take care of before branching is long
> filenames. Could maintainers of the following libraries please
> fix the corresponding problems listed in detail in
> http://www.boost.org/regression-logs/inspection_report.html?

That report doesn't seem to report pathnames (as opposed to filenames)
that exceed tar's 100 character limit. This, if memory serves, caused
grief in the previous release because GNU tar has a "workaround" to
deal with it that causes some tar's to barf.
(Don't forget to take account of the boost-1.32.0/ directory name,
which takes 13 characters, leaving a mere 87...)

Or is there an assumption that people all use one of the extended tar?

phil

--
change name before "@" to "phil" for email