From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-13 16:46:41

On Mon, Sep 13, 2004 at 04:02:29PM -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> The best implementation I came up with was using an atomic add to
> increment a counter in a table of signals,

That is how I solved this too in libcw.

> and then writing to a pipe
> (which can also be used as a hint) to signal select(). Specific
> operating systems, such as Linux, will still require something more to
> decode extra information within exceptions.

Hmm, like what? My experience so far is that "it worked".
select() returns with EINTR and the table provided the
number of times a signal of a given kind was received.
I didn't try too many signals though - just SIGINT, SIGTERM,
SIGARLM, SIGHUP .. the usual stuff.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>