From: Klaus Nowikow (nowikow_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-14 02:55:27

G. Wang wrote:

> I am wondering how many people here are interested in a Boost
> Unification
> and Backtracking Library (UBL). UBL will implement the unification and
> backtracking feature with the help of both preprocessor
> meta-programming
> (Boost Preprocessor library) and template meta-programming
> (MPL). With UBL,
> you will define Prolog-like predicates right inside your C++ code.

I am very interested. My company uses a Prolog engine from a C++ program
to solve a problem that is very hard to solve in C++ (I can't explain
this in detail here).
Anyways, the inclusion of this Prolog engine caused various problems
- the biggest being hard-to-reproduce program crashes when we did not use
the library _very_ carefully.

So, if there was a C++ library that we could use for these tasks, we
would surely consider it.

Best regards,

Klaus