From: Terje Slettebø (tslettebo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-14 14:47:33

> > The library, including documentation, examples and tests may be
> > found at (http://home.broadpark.no/~terjesl/operator_concept_traits.zip)
> > (Yahoo Files is full, could we perhaps remove some of the stuff there
that
> > is now part of Boost?).
>
> For interest, count me in ;)

Glad to hear it. As you may have seen from this thread (and the
"is_dereferenceable" thread), there also exists several approaches to this.
Maybe a "super-implementation" can result from it all. :)

> Anyway, when I'm particularly interested in, are compile-time speeds.

What's your next question? ;)

Ok, I haven't timed "typical use"; the only tests I've done in this respect
is running the unit tests, but much of the time involved in that may well be
taken by the test framework, as it uses mpl::for_each to iterate in two
dimensions, taking a list of traits, and a list of types to test for each
trait, which generates thousands of tests.

The unit tests take a rather long time to compile on Intel C++ (typically
several minutes), but shorter on on MSVC, or g++.

Regards,

Terje