From: Carlo Wood (carlo_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-14 21:22:31

On Tue, Sep 14, 2004 at 07:20:02PM -0500, Aaron W. LaFramboise wrote:
> It seems to me you want to design more than just a demultiplexor. It
> seems you might want a system that is fully capable of managing the main
> loop of a sophisticated application, something that you could simply
> plug a socket class into and suddenly have a high-performance web
> server. It might manage thread pools for you, and implement a framework
> for the Apache I/O filtering you mentioned, and a ton of other fun things.

I hope that was *meant* to be funny, but no; as I said before I want
to write the *minimal* interface that you can still call a
demultiplexor. This demultiplexor should however not impose
any restrictions on what you can write with it. It should also
be possible use it for a high-performance web server (after adding
a lot of extra code by the user). So, the "high-performance"
remains a demand yes.

--
Carlo Wood <carlo_at_[hidden]>