From: Peder Holt (peder.holt_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-15 07:23:02

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:42:06 +0100, Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
> > Daniel James <daniel_at_[hidden]> writes:
> >>but it still doesn't work in strict mode. I guess because it relies on
> >>an implicit cast from int to the type, but I'm not sure. I don't fully
> >>understand why the operators library works and this doesn't.
> >
> > Because those friend functions can only be found via ADL, and
> > naturally ADL doesn't look in the namespaces of classes to which the
> > arguments can be implicitly converted.
>
> Well that's embarassingly simple. Thanks for that.

I guess there is no way of making compile time constants work with
compliant compilers...
But then compliant compilers don't need the compile time constants
typeof in the first place, as they can use Arkadiys implementation.

>From a quick search in boost/config, the compilers supported by boost
that does not support partial template specialization, are:
VC 6.5 and 7.0
Sunpro 5.2 and earler
MPW

VC 6.5 and 7.0 are covered by my compile time constants implementation.
The question is whether the other two compilers are compilant enough
to have implemented ADL correctly :)

--
Peder Holt