From: Andreas Huber (ah2003_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-16 15:46:24

Rob Stewart wrote:
> I'm confused. Those references to the libraries would be spelled
> Boost::SmartPtr (or whatever) and Boost::Thread, right?

That would be one possibility. However I think the double colon still
hints too much in the direction that there is a namespace called
Boost::Thread. Boosters of course know that namespace identifiers are
lowercase, but an outsider maybe doesn't. Since we can't consistently
name libs after the namespace they're residing in I now totally agree
with Dave that we should choose a naming convention that has obviously
nothing to do with C++ identifiers whatsoever. Plus, Dave's convention
has the advantage that only very few people need to change the names in
the docs/books, etc. Personally, I would have preferred boost::fsm a lot
over Boost.FSM but it's not *that* important, is it?

Regards,

Andreas