From: Fernando Cacciola (fernando_cacciola_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-17 07:27:49

"David Abrahams" <dave_at_[hidden]> escribió en el mensaje

> I'm finding the documentation for in-place factories highly
> frustrating. There's no formal documentation for TypedInPlaceFactory,
> and almost no description whatsoever for InPlaceFactory. None of
> what's there describes how these things interact with optional; it
> isn't even mentioned in the corresponding section!

That stuff started out almost as an experiment and was intended to be
generally usefull for all sorts of container classes.
In particular, I figured that it would make perfect sense to have that
functionality available in Boost.Variant.
However, when I talked about it with Eric Friedman, the Variant author, he
expressed reservations so he never used it.
I figured that we would eventually discuss it and shape it up to its final
acceptable form.

That never happened and the factories ended up in the release undocumented,
and worst, unreviewed. A mistake of course.
Fortunately, they seem to fulfill their intended purpose, at least with
Optional.

> Also, what is the rationale for CamelCase in these classes? The only
> thing we use CamelCase for in Boost is the names of concepts.

No rationale, just sloppiness.

> Can we clear this stuff up?

Yes.
I'll start fixing it right now.