From: Cromwell Enage (sponage_at_[hidden])
Date: 2004-09-18 09:46:20

--- Aleksey Gurtovoy <agurtovoy_at_[hidden]> wrote:
> Something like this should be enough:
>
> struct fraction_c_tag : int_<20> {};
>
> template<> struct numeric_cast<
> integral_c_tag,fraction_c_tag >
> {
> template< typename N > struct apply
> : fraction_c<
> typename N::value_type,N::value,1 >
> {
> };
> };

Alas, no. I hadn't tried inheritance/nested
forwarding for the sake of portability before looking
at your message, opting instead to typedef ... type in
the struct body. (Now I'm using
BOOST_MPL_CFG_NO_NESTED_FORWARDING to branch out the
code.) Either way it still didn't work without my
macros. :(

The other major issue I have is that the big_integral
examples are taking longer to compile than before. In
fact, it takes too long for even one division
operation. But that can wait until after the release.

                              Cromwell Enage